The following is a checklist of college prep tasks for juniors to focus for the rest of the school year and summer. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
- Start studying for AP and SAT Subject Tests.
- The April ACT is the 8th. Scores come back starting the 17th.
- Talk with teachers who you want to write recommendation letters.
- Meet with your guidance counselor – they are writing a recommendation, too!
- Plan college visits during spring break.
- AP Exams are from May 1-12.
- The May SAT and Subject Tests are the 6th. Scores come out starting June 15th.
- At the end of the month, start preparing for finals.
- Start organizing information for college applications and essays.
- Finals and end of school year celebrations.
- The June SAT is the 3rd. The June ACT is the 10th.
- SAT Subject tests are also available in June.
- When school ends, start working on your college essays!
- This is the perfect month for students to work on their college essays.
- If you have not already, call Ivy Experience to discuss working together on applications and essays!
- Plan more college visits.
- Study for the SAT and ACT if you need to take the test again at the beginning of senior year.
- The Common App is available August 1st.
- Supplements will be released throughout the month.
- Aim to finish all application essays by the time school starts again.
- The August SAT is the 26th.